Your Perfect Weekend in Ibiza: The Complete Guide
The Spanish island of eternal youth, Ibiza is where everyone goes to experience a little magic. From the biggest parties to the most luxurious meditation retreats, the variety in activities is unparalleled. As long as it’s done right, nothing is too crazy on this island.
This scenic piece of large rock in the Mediterranean has much to offer, and then some. To allow you to enjoy the full experience and get the most out of your trip, we’ve put together this complete guide. This way you can plan your entire weekend in one fell swoop without any effort and will be sure to have the best time.
Where to stay
Ibiza offers a wide range of hotels. You’ll find luxury 5* resorts, quirky boutiques, cheap hostels, and everything in between. We have selected three hotels based on the best reviews from our guests.
The luxury choice: Sol Beach House Ibiza
White, bright, open, by the beach; if this is your ideal image of a stay, don’t delay. This is exactly how Sol Beach House Ibiza can be described.
The light decoration in this hotel gives the perfect Ibiza feeling, and the French doors to the balcony with sea view make it complete. It’s not just the luxurious location and interior that make this hotel so exceptional. The service is also highly rated by its guests, with friendly staff and clean rooms.
The central choice: Anfora Ibiza
Just a few steps from the well-known Es Canar Beach and a 5-minute walk from the Punta Arabí Hippy Market, you will find Anfora Ibiza. This hotel is also known for its fine light decor. The modern rooms are well maintained and come with large bathrooms.
Apart from the location, the facilities are the most highlighted in the valued reviews. With a wellness & sports area, a spacious terrace, and a clean swimming pool, guests will enjoy themselves here like no other. And with the fact that they’re within minutes in the heart of the fun, they consider this hotel to be the best in terms of value for money.
The value choice: Hostal Mari
For those travellers who like to save on their stay, Hostal Mari is the ideal choice. Centrally located in San Antonio, this hostel offers a cosy atmosphere with clean rooms.
Guests really appreciate the service, where the staff always gives a warm welcome. This may come as a surprise; the food and the bar are highly rated. This is of course very special, as hostels often pay less attention to this.
What to do
With a wide range of activities to do in Ibiza, it can be overwhelming to make the right choices. Especially if you’re on the road for a long weekend. We help you out by listing the 3 best activities to do.
San Antonio Boat Cruise
Something you can’t skip is getting out on the water. Do it by taking the San Antonio Boat Cruise. Relax and soak up the sun on the deck as you leave the harbour and the sea welcomes you. Sail along the most beautiful coastline and enjoy the breathtaking views and the wind in your hair.
The best part is yet to come, as this boat is loaded with the most exciting water toys. From accessible snorkelling sets to exciting aqua scooters, you will be entertained for hours on the water with these devices. There’s also a floating platform to jump from, plus paddleboards and kayaks. More than enough for a day of fun and relaxation!
The Hippy Market
Es Cana’s Hippy Market is legendary. Go back to the sixties in the cosy huddle of stalls, where your batik fantasies collide in a cloud of incense. Ibiza’s number one and original hippy market got stuck in the time machine, and we’re here for it.
The stalls are full of authentic and retro items, everything from beads and bracelets to kaleidoscope kaftans. This lively market is accompanied by creative artists from all over the world, who not only sell their wares, but also come with the necessary musical skills, everything from local to foreign bands, all playing their own style.
If you feel like just sitting back and soaking up the atmosphere, there’s food and drink for all tastes in the gastronomic areas. There are even activities for children and a playground for the little ones.
Ibiza Botanical Garden
The landscape of Ibiza may be known for its white beaches and breathtaking sunsets, but there’s much more nature to adore. In fact, the island boasts a real green gem. The Ibiza Botanical Garden contains beautiful flora and fauna, ready to be admired by you.
Enjoy this wonderful garden at your own pace and learn about all the eco-friendly initiatives such as the unique vegetable piano and photobioreactor.
Besides these unforgettable activities, it’s also recommended to discover the island more. Rent a car or a bicycle and visit these places:
- Beach Playa d’en Bossa: this long beach has everything to give you an ideal beach day. Relax in the sand and take a dip in the sea, then settle down in one of the cosy beach bars for a cocktail and a snack. If you’re not averse to a party, you don’t even have to move. On the promenade, you will find plenty of places where you can get down and dirty.
- The mountains: Are you an active person? Then you’ll undoubtedly enjoy a hike in the mountains. Ibiza offers challenging hiking routes where you can get a breathtaking view of the island from the top of the mountains.
- Ibiza Town: You can’t leave Ibiza without having discovered the old town. Get lost in the small paths, have a drink in the authentic cafés, and finish your evening in club Pacha.
Now that you’ve filled most of your days, you’re almost ready to prepare for your trip to Ibiza. Of course, we can’t say goodbye without giving you some extra tips to make your weekend complete.
Tips for restaurants
- Cotton Beach Club: perhaps one of the most famous places where food and party comes together. In this vibrant restaurant, you can enjoy delicious sushi and, after a bit of bellyaching, show off your best dance moves on the floor.
- La Paloma: For an authentic experience, you won’t find a better restaurant than La Paloma. Founded by a loving family, the restaurant offers the most welcoming atmosphere in their cosy and warm garden.
- Estra Goni Ibiza: for a true culinary experience you visit this restaurant. With a Michelin star to their name, you are sure to enjoy an unforgettable evening.
Tips for going out
- Café Mambo: The ideal beach club where you can enjoy a DJ set as the sun goes down. If this doesn’t give you the true holiday feeling…
- Ushuaïa: This is an unmissable experience. This club is home to some of the biggest artists in the world and the most impressive decor.
- Social Point Ibiza: more of a fan of cosy bars, enjoying local bands? Here, you can listen to live music while sipping a refreshing cocktail and delicious empanadas.
There you go, it’s great that all the planning has been done for you. It’s what we love to do. Still need to persuade your loved one to come with you? Order your Flightgift here and surprise them with this unforgettable trip. They can pick the date, but make sure it’s in party season!