What information is collected?
When you buy a Hotel Gift and/or make a hotel booking, you will be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information, the names of guests travelling with you and your preferences for your stay.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you are using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why is personal information collected?
Information is collected to send Hotel Gifts, service Hotel Gift holders, make hotel reservations, provide better customer support, make our marketing more relevant, optimize our hotel supply, prevent fraud, carry out market research, and improve our services.
How does Hotel Gift use social media?
We use social media to promote the features of Hotel Gift and to improve our services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Hotel Gift website. When you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, Hotel Gift uses social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with Hotel Gift. When you register with a social media app, you will be told which information will be shared with Hotel Gift. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is used to give you a personal user experience either in the app itself or on our websites. It facilitates such things as personalising our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends, and analysing and enhancing our travel-related services.
How does Hotel Gift share data with third parties?
In specific circumstances we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- The hotel and/or hotel supplier: In order to complete your reservation, specific details need to be transferred to the accommodation you have booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, the names of guests travelling with you, and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. We may also work with third-party payment service providers that require additional personal information to prevent fraud. The third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Subsidiaries and parent companies of Hotel Gift: In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your stay, your details may be shared with the parent or subsidiaries of the Hotel Gift corporate family, such as FlightGiftCard.com.
- Business partners: We work with partner websites around the world to promote Hotel Gift and to distribute the accommodations listed on our website. When you make a reservation on one of these business partners’ websites, certain personal information that you give them may be shared with us. These business partners will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any other purposes.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas, and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection, or prosecution of criminal acts.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small bits of information that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. Cookies do not recognize you personally and are not harmful to your computer or mobile device. They are used to enable you to buy Hotel Gifts, make hotel bookings, and to improve your website experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential cookies: These cookies help you to move around our site and use all its essential features. Without these cookies you would not be able to buy a Hotel Gift or make a hotel booking.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies help us understand how our website is being used and how we can improve your website experience. These cookies cannot identify you personally as they provide us with anonymous information to help us understand which parts of our website interest our visitors and if they experience any errors. We also use them to help us monitor how our visitors reach our sites and how effective our advertising is.
- User experience cookies: These cookies save your settings on our website. Examples include your language preference and booking information you’ve previously used when booking a hotel with us.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies help ensure that the advertisements you see on our website are as relevant to you as possible. For example, this helps to prevent the same advertisement from continuously reappearing for you.
- Social media cookies: These cookies, which are usually set by the social media provider, enable social event sharing to be smooth and seamless.
How can I manage my cookies?
You can set or amend your web browser controls to delete or disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies on your computer or mobile device, your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be degraded or restricted. www.allaboutcookies.org provides simple instructions on how to manage cookies on the different types of web browsers.
Where can I get further information?