We care about the planet we love to explore.
Together, we support sustainable travel.
Your Flightgift automatically gives back to the planet.
Our mission is to spread happiness across the globe with love and care — two of our founding values. It comes with great responsibility, including being environmentally aware and treating our earth with integrity and respect. You play a crucial part in achieving this. How? Your gift card ensures that a tree is planted in a place that desperately needs it. The best part is that you don’t need to do anything, as we make the donation on your behalf.
With help of our sustainability team, we work on our sustainable development in different areas. We optimize our supply chain, make our office greener, and collaborate with non-profit organizations like Eden Reforestation. The most important effort we’re actively working on is providing an eco-friendly flight option by compensating for the carbon emissions. This way you get to enjoy your trip while minimizing the footprint.
IF YOU’RE AN ECO-CONSCIOUS WORLD TRAVELLER, OUR FLIGHTGIFT IS THE IDEAL CHOICE FOR A SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL GIFT. WHEN YOU PURCHASE A FLIGHTGIFT, YOU’RE ALSO CONTRIBUTING TO OUR SUSTAINABILITY GOALS. SOME OF THESE INCLUDE:
– TO BE A ZERO-WASTE COMPANY BY 2025
– TO BE A NET ZERO-EMISSIONS COMPANY BY 2035
A key action that we take is our collaboration with Eden Reforestation. This non-profit organization does not just add greenery in an area that needs it but it’s also crucial for supporting communities in poverty. Our goal is to donate 250,000 trees by the end of 2023.
IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE OUR GOALS, WE TAKE ACTION WHERE WE CAN. WE WELCOME ANY IMPROVEMENT, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL. OUR DEDICATION ENSURES THAT WE MAKE CONSTANT CHANGES IN BOTH OUR OFFICE AND OUR SUPPLY CHAIN.
One of our most impactful plans for increasing our sustainable development is to help offset the CO2 emissions of our customers’ flights. This plan requires precision and attention, which is why it’s currently one of our major projects.
Within the office, we also pay attention to daily actions that could contribute to long-term change. They include:
– Regulating our office temperature mindfully
– ‘Commuting green’; 75% of our team travels by bike or foot, 16% by public transportation, and 8% by car
– Incorporating organic food products
– Monthly vegetarian lunches (we have lunch together in the office, provided by the company)
– Eliminating plastic usage as much as possible
– Recycling glass and paper
While we’re proud of our efforts, we also realize there’s always more to improve. Looking forward over the next few months, we’re also actively working on realizing these actions:
– Compensate our office footprint created by electronics
– Reducing or offsetting our business flights
– Conducting green deliveries of our gift cards within The Netherlands
– Compensating for the 24% of our team that uses public transport/car
– Brightening up our office to be literally greener – lots of new plants!
– Fitting green and motion-activated light bulbs
We’re far from done, with many more plans in the making.
WE’RE AWARE THAT FLIGHTS LEAVE A FOOTPRINT. THAT’S WHY WE’VE DECIDED TO GIVE BACK BY COLLABORATING WITH EDEN REFORESTATION. FOR EVERY FLIGHTGIFT PURCHASED AND FOR EVERY GIFT CARD THAT’S REDEEMED TO BOOK A NEW FLIGHT, A TREE IS PLANTED IN A PLACE THAT NEEDS IT MOST.
Planting trees in this environment is crucial. It prevents villages from flooding, purifies water sources, is both food and a home for animals, and provides nutrition to the soil for farming. The local communities will no longer suffer from either an unsustainable environment or extreme poverty through the reforestation of these areas. Providing these possibilities will create a loving and long-term relationship with nature and the community.
So far, we’ve donated over 156,000 trees. These trees are planted in Nepal, Madagascar and Haiti, among other places. In addition, it helped provide over 1,500 workdays for local habitants.
What does that mean?
With your Flightgift, you:
- Save the lives of people and animals.
- Reduce poverty by allowing Eden Reforestation Projects to hire local villagers to plant those very trees you help us fund. Eden calls this the “Employ to Plant” methodology.
- Support fair wages and enable villagers to have an opportunity to earn a decent salary.
- Support communities by giving locals an opportunity to provide for their families.
- Support a greener environment.
Our goal is to reach 250,000 planted trees by the end of 2023.
Thank you for being a part of the movement toward a more sustainable future.
“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.”
– Native American Proverb